Your Sponsorship Could Purchase a Plank
One metre of decking plank, which is presently being replaced with a replenishable hard wood called Ekki from a well respected and managed renewable source, will cost over £10 to purchase and fit. The following list shows how you can sponsor planks of varying sizes:
- Loose change. Every 10p will help to pay for approximately 1 centimetre of decking. If you sponsor £10 or more, your name will be entered into a permanent record book entitled: "Friends of the Pier". This register will be kept as a permanent record of all those providing help, donations and sponsorship.
- £30 -- This will sponsor 3 metres of planking, and your name will be engraved alongside others into one of the new planks fitted to the pier.
- £60 -- The sponsorship of a 5 metre long plank gives you the choice of having two names engraved alongside others into one of the new planks fitted to the pier.
- £90 -- Sponsoring a 7 metre long plank enables you to have a message (upto 30 letters long, including names) engraved along side others into a new plank. Additional letters can be added and will be charged at £2 per letter. A brilliant gift idea - and ideal for a birthday, wedding or anniversary present!
- Amounts over £90 are welcome; and for this we will try to cater for any special requests. Please contact us for any bespoke requirements and we will do our best to accommodate you. (The width of a plank is approximately 23 centimetres (9 inches). Please note: All measurements are approximate and may vary, and planks may be cut to a suitable length to fit the pier during restoration. We make no guarantees against the natural splitting and movements within timbers used.)
NB: Due to overwhelming initial response, there could be a very substantial delay in excess of one year before messages can be engraved on planks. We can only engrave on remaining new planks already in place.
We have a special Pier Restoration bank account, which can be used directly for anonymous contributions should anyone wish to help in this way: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK, THE MARSH, HYTHE, SO45 6ZN
How to apply?
You will find an application form, available to download, which should be returned to us with your requirements and payment. All funds raised will be used solely for the pier restoration.